Gemalto .NET SDK
Search our products
Gemalto's .NET SDK (Software Development Kit) enables developers to create, debug, test and load applications for Gemalto .NET v2 smart cards.
The kit includes a set of tools integrated within Microsoft’s Visual Studio .NET environment. The SDK leverages enhancements to Visual Studio .NET, making it easy to integrate smart card applications with other .NET based technologies such as Smart Clients, ASP.NET Web Services, etc.
The .NET Smart Card Framework SDK enhances the process of software development through a useful combination of smart card management tools, sample application templates, and other helpful hints and workarounds.
The SDK inlcudes a CD with all the necessary components (Windows Visual Studio .NET will be required):
- 1 Gemalto PC Twin Reader
- 4 Gemalto .NET v2 Smart Cards
- 1 CD with the Software Setup
SDK software components
- Smart card .NET Framework, with an on-card and an off-card component. It is added to the base .NET Framework that is the only mandatory prerequisite you must have in your computer before installing the SDK.
- Card Explorer: the visual tool that allows you to load and remove applications from the card
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET Plug In (*) - will add the card explorer as a plug in in VS .NET
- Templates for on-card and off-card applications (*) - they become available in VS .NET after setup
Other utilities provided
- NANT scripting support for smart card for automating regular tasks
- Merge Module ready to use for setup of off-card applications
- Examples of applications available in the program folder
- Update manager to check for latest update of the SDK
(*) requires Microsoft Visual Studio .NET preinstalled